Drawing

With all of the crazy things happening in the world these days, we rarely find time for peace and quiet. COVID-19, online school, and sharing a room with a sibling are all benefactors to this mayhem. Drawing can be used as both a stress reliever and a source of peace to counter this craziness.

Drawing gives me a time of peace as well as the satisfaction of creating something beautiful with my own hands.  Mindfulness is a lot about observation and feeling what is around you, and so is drawing. “Drawing is a great way to practice mindfulness.” Says EveryDay Artistry. The effect of creativity can be sharply risen by any type of art. Even if your excuse is that you’re not good at drawing, you can at least give it a shot. No One’s first drawing is ever perfect, but every time you put something on the paper, you will get better and better. 

I specifically love to draw anime figures. I feel like I can create an ideal version of myself or anyone for that matter. I can make scary things, wholesome things, and things that can only exist in our imagination. When drawing, I feel like I am able to shift from reality into some kind of fantasy. If you are having trouble dealing with stress, many experts have said that the effects of mindfulness and quiet drawing are more or less the same. Many people sometimes blame being bad at drawing on their materials, but this is just a lie. All you need to have is a pencil.

Even if you’re not very good at drawing, the satisfaction of making something simply spectacular with your own two hands is far greater than the time you spend on it. Trying to get out of drawing by saying you are bad at it, is just an excuse. I was terrible at drawing when I started, but after watching some tutorials and practicing, I got so much better. So if you’re sitting at home one day waiting for a zoom class to start, set a timer for just 2 minutes and draw whatever is on your mind. This helped me a lot and I hope it will help many other people.